List of Things that cannot be put into a dumpster:
- Thermostats that contain liquid mercury
- Lamps (fluorescent, HID, neon, mercury vapor, high pressure sodium & metal halide lamps
- Agricultural pesticides
- Hazardous wastes: toxic, corrosive, flammable, irritant, strong sensitizer (generates pressure thru decomposition, heat or other means)
- Low level radioactive
- Electronics, computers, etc.
- Medical waste
- Demolition and construction waste ( No sheetrock, Roofing material, Metal)
- Abandoned vehicles and parts thereof
- White goods and other bulky waste,
- Dewatered, treated or chemically fixed sewage sludge
- Large amounts of metal
- Bulky waste: appliances, furniture, trees, branches, stumps
Things that can be put into a dumpster:
- Garbage – All kitchen and table food waste, and animal or vegetable waste that results from storage, preparation, cooking or handling of food.
- Recovered materials: discarded metal, glass, or plastic, clothing, house wares, toys, tools.
- Rubbish: ashes, paper, cardboard, tin cans, yard clippings, wood, glass, bedding, crockery, plastics, rubber by-products and litter.